Tour Progress!!!


View Bus Tour Progress in a larger map

Monday, November 29, 2010

San Fran Tastic!

The trip from Sacramento to San Francisco was one of the shortest Greyhound trips of my entire tour, so I left Sacramento at a reasonable hour and got into SF in the later afternoon.
I was going to be staying with Shayde, the bass player from Fresh & Onlys, but he was going to be working at Amoeba Records until 6pm so I had some time to kill. My buddy Teva, who moved to New York from San Fran and recently moved back again for a girl, came to meet me at the Greyhound station and we went up to the Haight-Ashbury area together.

The trip from Sacramento to San Francisco was one of the shortest Greyhound trips of my entire tour, so I left Sacramento at a reasonable hour and got into SF in the later afternoon.
I was going to be staying with Shayde, the bass player from Fresh & Onlys, but he was going to be working at Amoeba Records until 6pm so I had some time to kill. My buddy Teva, who moved to New York from San Fran and recently moved back again for a girl, came to meet me at the Greyhound station and we went up to the Haight-Ashbury area together.

We got to Amoeba where not only Shayde was working, but also Anne Marie, Teva's wonderful girlfriend. I dropped my bag off at the bag check and ran next door to Murio's Trophy Room, where Shayde was on his break. We had a couple of beers and chatted about things and you know how it is.


Shayde then had to go back to work, it was Black Friday after all, and I was really really hungry from the long bus ride, so Teva took me to Papalote Mexican Grill, a "famous" place in SF for their "burritos"... I'm also pretty sure I saw them kick Bobby Flay's ass on Throwdown!. The burritos were good but pretty intense.
After our burritos Anne Marie was on her break, so we went with her to a coffee shop and got caffeinated while I blogged just a bit.


In a bit we had to go back to Amoeba... I had to meet up with Shayde to go back to his place and Anne Marie had to go back to work. Teva and I saw a funny cut-out on the door while we were waiting.

Shayde got off work and we went back to his place in the Tenderloin. It was a nice one bedroom he shares with his girlfriend, but she was away on tour. He had the cutest cat named Bruce Springsteen (but she was a girl). She and I bonded pretty much instantly, I think she'd get along well with my cat Georgina Harrison.



After hanging out, listening to some records, talking about all kinds of deep shit, and drinking a six pack, it was time to go out and hang with some peeps. Brace, a dude I know from the Internet and the band Wild Thing came to meet up with us and we all piled into a cab to the Mission.

No comments:

Post a Comment