Tour Progress!!!


View Bus Tour Progress in a larger map

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Rad Bad Madison

Spent most of yesterday around the house... the weather was really cold and rainy in Milwaukee so I just caught up on my Gossip Girl and 90210 and watched the awesome video for Katy Perry's "Hot N Cold" like 10,000 times... I know I'm a little late to the party, but I can't even tell you how obsessed with Katy Perry I am right now.
But we had big plans for the night... we were headed to Chopper Fest 3 in Madison. Claire and I drove to pick up two of her friends, Addie and Jordan, and then we rode to Madison, where we picked up Missy, a friend and TermBroad, who was in town from Oakland to see her family. Girrrrlz night.


The show was at this bar called Mickey's Tavern in Madison, and it was very cool looking. The front room is pretty tiny, but if you walk around the corner you enter this weird room that looks like the lounge in a mansion from the 60s, really cool.


The show was good, kind of intense, 6 bands played in the tiny front room. A couple of them, The Off-Days, The Hussy and Chris Perennial, had played at the show I went to on Friday, but they were all good again. I also got to see The Midwest Beat, who I recently booked a show for at Bruar Falls in Brooklyn. They're a really stellar band, jingle jangle and twang and just great rockpop, really fantastic. Here are some pictures of some people drinking beer and some bands playing music:







Other noteworthy things of the night: There was a cop just hanging out at the show, just chilling. Also, I had a Spotted Cow, a local beer that you can't get out of Wisconsin. I really liked it, it was light and kind of sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment